Europe’s oil & gas industry saw a drop of 25.93% in deal activity during July 2021, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by MKS Instruments’ $6.5bn acquisition of Atotech Deutschland, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 20 oil & gas industry deals worth $14.1bn were announced for the region in July 2021, against the 12-month average of 27 deals.
Of all the deal types, M&A saw most activity in July 2021 with 14 transactions, representing a 70% share for the region.
In second place was private equity with six deals capturing a 30% share of the overall deal activity for the month.
In terms of value of deals, M&A was the leading category in Europe’s oil & gas industry with $14.08bn.
Europe oil & gas industry deals in July 2021: Top deals
The top five oil & gas deals accounted for 99.5% of the overall value during July 2021.
The combined value of the top five oil & gas deals stood at $14.02bn, against the overall value of $14.1bn recorded for the month.
The top five oil & gas industry deals of July 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Atotech Deutschland $6.5bn acquisition deal with MKS Instruments
2) The $4.75bn acquisition of Allnex Germany by PTTGC International (Netherlands)
3) GRTgaz $1.99bn acquisition deal for 11.5% stake in Caisse des Depots et Consignations and CNP Assurances
4) U-POL $592.25m acquisition deal with Axalta Coating Systems
5) The $184.2m acquisition of Tepkri Sarsang by ShaMaran Petroleum