Total oil & gas industry deals worth $13.5bn were announced globally for February 2022, with the $8.1bn private equity deal with South Jersey Industries being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 32.3% over the previous month of $10.23bn and a drop of 34.5% when compared with the last 12-month average of $20.64bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 36.97% with 75 deals in February 2022 when compared to the last 12-month average of 119 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $12bn in February 2022.
oil & gas industry deals in February 2022: Top deals
The top five deals accounted for 82.1% of the overall value during February 2022.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $11.11bn, against the overall value of $13.5bn recorded for the month.
The top five oil & gas industry deals of February 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) The Infrastructure Investments Fund $8.1bn private equity deal with South Jersey Industries
2) The $1.3bn acquisition of Great Western Petroleum by PDC Energy
3) ULLICO $690m acquisition deal with Hope Gas
4) The $620m acquisition of OCTAL HoldingSAOC by Alpek SAB de CV
5) Quantum Energy Partners and Warburg Pincus $400m private equity deal with Trident Energy