Total oil & gas industry M&A deals worth $2.1bn were announced in the US in July 2021, with WildFire Energy I’s $650m acquisition of Hawkwood Energy being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 72.3% over the previous month of $7.66bn and a drop of 77.1% when compared with the last 12-month average of $9.24bn.
The US held a 10.83% share of the global oil & gas industry M&A deal value that totalled $19.57bn in July 2021.
In terms of M&A deal activity, the US recorded 31 deals during July 2021, marking an increase of 19.23% over the previous month and a rise of 19.23% over the 12-month average.
US oil & gas industry M&A deals in July 2021: Top deals
The top five oil & gas industry M&A deals accounted for 83.7% of the overall value during July 2021.
The combined value of the top five oil & gas M&A deals stood at $1.78bn, against the overall value of $2.1bn recorded for the month.
The top five oil & gas industry M&A deals of July 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Hawkwood Energy $650m acquisition deal with WildFire Energy I
2) The $370m acquisition of Lonestar Resources US by Penn Virginia
3) Kinetrex Energy $310m acquisition deal with Kinder Morgan
4) Pioneer Energy Services $295m acquisition deal with Patterson-UTI Energy
5) The $152m acquisition of Novomer by Danimer Scientific