North America’s oil & gas industry saw a drop of 30.51% in deal activity during February 2022, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by The Infrastructure Investments Fund’s $8.1bn private equity deal with South Jersey Industries, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 41 oil & gas industry deals worth $12bn were announced for the region in February 2022, against the 12-month average of 59 deals.
Of all the deal types, M&A saw most activity in February 2022 with 24 transactions, representing a 58.5% share for the region.
In second place was venture financing with 13 deals, followed by private equity deals with four transactions, respectively capturing a 31.7% and 9.8% share of the overall deal activity for the month.
In terms of value of deals, private equity was the leading category in North America’s oil & gas industry with $8.37bn, while M&A and venture financing deals totalled $3.56bn and $70.86m, respectively.
North America oil & gas industry deals in February 2022: Top deals
The top five oil & gas deals accounted for 88.1% of the overall value during February 2022.
The combined value of the top five oil & gas deals stood at $10.57bn, against the overall value of $12bn recorded for the month.
The top five oil & gas industry deals of February 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) The Infrastructure Investments Fund $8.1bn private equity deal with South Jersey Industries
2) The $1.3bn acquisition of Great Western Petroleum by PDC Energy
3) ULLICO $690m acquisition deal with Hope Gas
4) The $300m acquisition of Bison Oil & Gas II by Civitas Resources
5) Kayne Anderson Energy Fund VIII $180m private equity deal with Treadstone Energy Partners III